Security is of a major concern in any wireless networking setup, as devices can freely capture radio waves out of nowhere and people sending any sensitive information over a wireless need to have the protection that these signals are not intercepted and misused. As with other wireless technologies, Bluetooth is also susceptible to spying and remote access. Therefore, the payment devices which connect over Bluetooth needs to undergo security checks.
Common risks for Bluetooth transmission:
- Malicious entities may gain unauthorized access to an agency’s computer network through wireless connections, bypassing any firewall protections.
- Sensitive information that is not encrypted (or that is encrypted with poor cryptographic techniques) and that is transmitted between two wireless devices may be intercepted and disclosed.
- Malicious entities may steal the identity of legitimate users and masquerade as them on internal or external corporate networks.
- Sensitive data may be corrupted during improper synchronization.
- Malicious entities may be able to violate the privacy of legitimate users and be able to track their movements.
- Malicious entities may deploy unauthorized equipment (e.g., client devices and access points) to surreptitiously gain access to sensitive information.
- Handheld devices are easily stolen and can reveal sensitive information.
- Data may be extracted without detection from improperly configured devices.
- Viruses or other malicious code may corrupt data on a wireless device and subsequently be introduced to a wired network connection.
- Malicious entities may, through wireless connections, connect to other agencies or organizations for the purposes of launching attacks and concealing their activities.
- Interlopers, from inside or out, may be able to gain connectivity to network management controls and thereby disable or disrupt operations.
- Malicious entities may use third-party, untrusted wireless network services to gain access to an agency’s or other organization’s network resources.
- Internal attacks may be possible via ad-hoc transmissions.
How can SISA help?
SISA’s Security testing reveals vulnerabilities that allow unauthorized access to critical and sensitive data. With the help of its proprietary testing methods, internationally trained security services team and hi-tech security testing laboratories (TSS labs), SISA helps its clients avoid a breach of data.
Our Technical Security Services provide high-quality support and services. By classifying, assessing and ranking remediation to diminish the risks, SISA empowers organizations all over the world to protect them against cyber hackers and fraudsters. SISA has offered its expertise and solutions to a variety of customers with Bluetooth enabled POS devices in protecting the sensitive data from POS to the handheld device. Our expertise in security testing helps secure our clients’ Bluetooth infrastructure.
Because of our advanced penetration tests, our clients will be able to view their Bluetooth infrastructure through the perspective of a hacker and also a skilled developer. We help you identify the key areas which you can improve upon to maintain your security position. Our skilled consultants yield answers and results in written reports. They also provide our clients with guidance which is essential to effectively remediate any problems that are found during the tests.
The SISA Advantage:
- SISA is a global leader in security and assessments. We are the authorized assessor for various security standards and are accredited as a PCI QSA, PA QSA, PCI ASV, P2PE-QSA, PFI and VISA Approved PCI PIN Security Assessor, allowing all to combine and leverage our experience in this domain. Here are some key features that help us stand out from the competition:
- All-Embracing Solutions Environment: Our Application testing services and solutions include a wide range of security tests, and solutions provide value to the client by offering personalised methods and technologies to meet security requirements
- Beneficial Reporting for the Clients: SISA’s Pen-test reports shows an up-to-date, informative insight into how any vulnerabilities or weaknesses of client company affect the entire business. Our Reports concentrate the information gathered to pinpoint the key risk areas. Once the key risk areas have been identified, the remediation can be prioritized so the decision-making process can be efficient.
- CERT Empanelled and ASV: SISA is approved as both a scanning vendor (PCI ASV) and a CERT Empanelled organization. SISA is authorized by CERT-IN to conduct Application Penetration audits.
Talk to our experts to understand how you can implement Bluetooth Security!