Reinventing Indian Financial Ecosystem with Cryptocurrencies | A Cyber Security Approach
About the Webinar
“Digital transactions in India could be worth $1 trillion annually by 2025, with four out of every five transactions being made digitally.” – ACI Worldwide || AGSTTL
India is on a global path of shaping the way the world performs digital transactions which makes the adoption of digital currencies a necessity, resulting in the recognition of virtual digital assets in Union Budget 2022. Globally, 9 countries have fully launched digital currencies and RBI is following footsteps, planning to launch a digital rupee in FY 22-23.
This is expected to give a big boost to the digital economy.
You may be wondering
- What is the need for it?
- What are the cybersecurity challenges we should be prepared for?
- What are new changes that are going to occur in the payment system?
Join Kaushik Pandey, Global Head – Compliance and Testing Services at SISA for detailed insights on RBI’s CBDC announcement, its impact on the payment ecosystem, and top cybersecurity concerns with respect to CBDC.
- Trends observed in Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) – [Ex- China’s – Renminbi, Singapore’s- Ubin, Canada’s Project Jasper, Digital Euro in the European region]
- Decoding India’s Plan on CBDC [Fintech Dept, Union Budget 2022]
- Impact of Central Bank Digital Currencies – Mini Case Study
- Addressing cybersecurity concerns with respect to CBDC