Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA DSS)
The PA DSS is the standard by Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), for makers/developers and integrators of payment applications that utilize credit card information for payment authorization and settlement. To require PA DSS certification these applications must be sold, distributed, and/or licensed to third parties.
In other words, if you create your own payment application for use of your own organization, you require only PCI DSS compliance. However, if you sell, distribute and/or license these applications (off-the-shelf solutions) to different customers, then the application must meet the PA DSS compliance.
To achieve PA DSS certification, a software provider must have the corresponding application audited by a PA DSS qualified security assessor (PA-QSA).
SISA – The Best Choice for PA DSS Certification of your Business
- SISA is the pioneer in payments security space with the presence in more than 35 countries and we host services for a wide range of 2,000+ customers on a global scale
- We are not just a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), but are also an authorized assessor for various payments standards and are listed as a PCI QSA, PA QSA, PCI ASV, P2PE-QSA, PFI and VISA Approved PCI PIN Security Assessor, enabling us to offer a single window for all your compliance solutions.
- Our technical team includes the best of industry professionals who work with a plethora of services targeted towards vulnerability assessment and penetration testing. We also provide round the clock monitoring of the technology infrastructure for finding any loopholes and other vulnerabilities during Vulnerability Assessments.
What does PA DSS Compliance Include?
PA DSS compliance requires you to follow a set of guidelines to ensure the security of account data. For example, you must not retain full magnetic stripe, card validation code or value, or PIN block data, you must have a secure password features, you must have detailed activity logs, have additional security for wireless transmissions, use secure remote access applications, use data encryption and so on. In addition, you must test applications on a regular basis for identifying threats and vulnerabilities and also maintain detailed documentation for all your stakeholders.
SISA will help you implement the best practices and processes, educate you on how to implement applications in a PA DSS compliant manner, create detailed documentation, and will support you with the compliance process end-to-end. If done properly, PA DSS compliance can result in saving a huge amount of money that can potentially be lost in online theft, and reputational loss for your business.
What PA DSS Services Does SISA Provide?
SISA comes fully equipped with an advanced set of features that are dedicated towards high-quality PA DSS compliance services. These are primarily observed in the following detailed below:
- We maintain a detailed agenda for the PA DSS audit system.
- We conduct a rigorous payment application testing services so that every compliance requirement for your application is met.
- We are the pioneers of performing detailed assessments on the payment application keeping in mind the total compliance with the security assessment procedures and the PA QSA validation requirements respectively.
- We also provide in-depth consultation solutions to the developers on the PA DSS compliance requirements.
- SISA also provides detailed documentation within the report on validation (ROV) to demonstrate the compliance of the payment application with the established PA DSS standards.
- SISA will also submit the PA DSS compliance report on validation (ROV) to the PCI SSC for listing purposes based on its eligibility criteria.
How to get started?
In order to get started with PA DSS compliance, simply get in touch with SISA’s team of specialists. Our specialists will start the PA DSS process with a detailed presentation on PA DSS and application walkthrough, followed by a code review of the application and server component. Next, we conduct an application pen test to find out any loopholes in the application and also provide solutions in case of any gaps. This is followed by a final audit and PA DSS compliance review report (Report of Validation) being uploaded to the PCI SSC portal for certification.
We handhold you through the entire process and ensure that we identify and help you mitigate all the vulnerabilities in the system to make it fully compliant, and enable you to get certified.