Why Traditional SOC is a Failure?
Traditional SOC Failed to Identify Newer Forms of Cyber Attacks
Traditional SOC does not identify threats and respond to them in a timely manner. SISA investigated various breaches and noticed that:
- Legacy products were not able to detect incidents
- Of the 24 breaches studied in 2017, traditional SOC issued zero alerts/detection. In some cases, even logs pertaining to the period of attack were not present
- VISA and MasterCard investigation reports also confirmed SISA findings. In fact, PCI Council had to issue guidance document on log monitoring
- Investment in traditional SOC continues to take place despite near zero ROI
- Major organizations using traditional SOC were the hardest hit because they could not respond in a timely manner
- Most breach incidents happened in organizations with SOC deployed in their environment
SISA’s Synergistic-SOC is the Solution
A striking feature of S-SOC is its in-house product, SISA EOT, which supports early threat detection and security incident response through real-time collection and historical analysis of security events from a wide variety of contextual data sources. SISA EOT integrates artificial intelligence and machine learning for advanced threat detection, threat analytics, alerts, incident mitigation, and collaborative breach response on a 24x7x365 basis.
The core capabilities of EOT are event collection, correlation, and analysis. In S-SOC, enterprise information systems (websites, applications, databases, data centres and servers, networks, desktops and other endpoints) are monitored, assessed, and defended.
Key Differentiators of S-SOC:
- S-SOC (Security Operations Centre) integrates MDR services, a combination of PPP – Product, Process, and People.
- S-SOC helps in both product development and monitoring rather than leaving it to different entities.
- S-SOC offers extended support with in-house forensic expertise, a capability that is unavailable with other managed security service providers.
- Log monitoring in traditional SOC does not effectively handle threat detection and response management.
- S-SOC offers a fully PCI, ISO, HIPAA and GDPR compliant service and supports custom reporting with the dedicated incident response and investigation team.
Remember, not all data thefts can be prevented but identifying a threat and responding to it in a timely manner is a better defensive action plan!
Speak to our S-SOC expert today!